FEDGROUP-ITEC Connect

FEDGROUP-ITEC Connect
FEDGROUP-ITEC Connect

Monday 20 August 2012

Aquelle Harburg Tour De Krans

Hi guys Great weekend was had by all.... Race took place on Saturday, with conditions being Great Benitez a little breeze that has blowing. With SA marathon championships coming up next weekend, it's was my final race to add some final conditioning to my race fitness but at the same time it's always nice to win. So trying to win was still the objective without taking any risks that would cause injury or hinder my performance for the bigger goals in mind. With the route been pretty much the same as 2011, I knew it would be nice and tough with some good single track as well. I was defending my title from the three previous years which I had managed to win. The start was the same with a couple guys hungry for a taste at the front of the race. Soon after one or two climbs I put in some surges and pretty quickly getting rid of the challengers. I just wanted to keep a steady pace and just maintain the gap and gauge my effort accordingly, which enable to ride without putting pressure on myself. With about 5pm to go I could see the race was pretty much consolidated and eased off a bit to the finish to take the win ahead of Andrew Hill, Travis Walker and Luke Roberts. Bridgette also had a great ride and finished 2nd overall in the woman and 2nd in the sub vet category... Almost edging out The Plumber (Marcus Kaumpek)he took their fierce battle by a mere 30secs... Now the attention will turn to what lies ahead next weekend. Till then chat soon

No comments:

Post a Comment