FEDGROUP-ITEC Connect

FEDGROUP-ITEC Connect
FEDGROUP-ITEC Connect

Monday 6 August 2012

IMANA WILD RIDE

Hi Guys The wild ride was amazing and once again one of my best life experiences. You realize by these types of experiences how fortunate we are to live in such a beautiful country by transversing the Transkei coast line by bike and also how fortunate we are to be able to experience theses types of things and try to make a difference in the communities that we pass through. You see how basic and simple life can be to some people and how lucky we are to have what we do. Imana as a company, stand for great principles and genuinely try to make a difference by donation class rooms ect to the communities. Something that is a solid structure that cannot be taken from them. Bridgette and I enjoyed the first two days of riding of the 4 day Adventure. Our main aim was to Promote our sponsors and just enjoy a bit a PR with the guys at the event. On the 3rd day we decided to put our heads down and give it a go, we ended up finishing 7th Overall and 1st mixed team which was pretty cool. But in the end we were there for enjoyment. Eston which was a focus for me was a little disappointing as I seemed to pick up the dreaded flu bug and by the time we were home on Friday I was officially pretty Ill. I was really hoping that it was just a simple cold and on the morning of the race made the call to ride and see what happened. We went over the first climb and I managed to win the sprint and take KOM whichnwas great but just felt like someone was grabbing my wind pipe and couldn't get oxygen into my body and felt everything kind of leave me. This left me no option but to slow down and later have to abandon the race. Never a nice thing to do but rather safe than sorry as anyone will tell you what happens if you push yourself with flu. Now to focus on getting better and healthy, ready for some more racing again. Till next time chat soon

No comments:

Post a Comment